Sunday, September 09, 2007

Leadership in Capoeira!!!

Looking into this subject and after my brief exposure to Capoeira, I have been fortunate to be exposed to individuals who are driven to spread the message of Capoeira and dedicate themselves to teaching it, even though they have little experience with teaching it.

Unfortunately I have also been exposed to the bad which is very unfortunate, but none the less it has exposed weaknesses and strengths in the structures that regulate the development of Capoeira. Referring back to the post "Capoeira belongs to you..." I was forced to understand that some people so not share the same goal/vision for the growth of Capoeira in our region, or rather the have not thought it out. Maybe they do not realize the responsibility that rests on there shoulders or simply that they do not care.

While a leader is entrusted with the care of a group, he/she not only watches over the training of Capoeira, but they have to be deeply involved in the day to day business of its administration, Public Relations, Promotion and networking etc. Inevitably this individual is an example to his/her students or group members in which he displays the essence of Capoeira in his personal life or business. Most importantly the energy he/she projects is reflected in his group.

I hope I am making sense. This is a subject that continues to challenge me and I am sure it always will.

Axe.

No comments: